ZookaWare has silent anonymous bug reporting built into it. When there is a bug or crash we automatically receive your anonymous report and fix them. Bug reporting can also be turned off in the ZookaWare > Options > Settings menu at any time if you prefer to opt out. We hope you never experience a bug with our software, but when you do be assured we are here to solve it for you!
If you're experiencing a bug of any kind, ZookaWare is slow to open, something freezes or anything else unexpected happens we first recommend you make sure you're using the latest version of ZookaWare. We release updates every 2-4 weeks with new features, updates and bug fixes. Simply follow these steps to check for the latest version and update ZookaWare:
- Open ZookaWare
- Click "Options" in the bottom left menu
- "Update" > here you can check that you have the latest version and update ZookaWare.
If your problem continues with the latest version of ZookaWare please continue on...
Restore Registry Backup
If your bug happened after a scan open ZookaWare > Options > Registry Backup and restore the registry backup.
3 Simple Steps to Solve Most Issues
If you have the latest ZookaWare version and the bug is still happening we find these 3 simple steps solve most issues:
- Uninstall ZookaWare (uninstall directions here)
- Restart your computer
- Download and install ZookaWare. You can retrieve your ZookaWare Pro download link here
How to Report a Bug
If you're still experiencing a bug with ZookaWare please report it to us and we'll get it fixed!
To report a bug please contact us in the chat widget to the right or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide these details:
- A detailed description of your issue. Exactly when and where it happens.
- Any steps required to reproduce the bug
- If you see an error message include a screenshot of the error message. You can use Ctrl + Prt Scr to take a screenshot or download a free program like Greenshot to take a screenshot.
- Send us your Windows Event Viewer Log. This likely gives us the information required to see what happened and fix your bug. Directions are below.
When you send us this data we will confirm receipt, forward to our engineering department for investigation and if it is something we can fix we try our best to get it fixed in our next software release. When we release a fix for your bug we will follow up via email with you so you can download the latest version and confirm your issue is fixed.
We love perfecting ZookaWare so please reach out with any issues you are experiencing so we can make it more perfect for you!